As we move into the Autumn and Winter seasons, our business response to Covid-19 will need to adapt as the Government’s advice changes to combat the predicted increase in cases and in an effort to reduce the strain on the NHS.
Yesterday, 14th September, our PM announced the Government’s plan. You can read the detail here.
We will all need to be ready to respond accordingly to any re-introduction of COVID restrictions. In order to start to consider your response and plan ahead, here are Park City’s business planning considerations:
- Working from Home if you can, may be reintroduced in Plan B. Maintain your IT infrastructure and equipment availability that allowed your business to operate this way before. Discuss with your staff the potential for working from home and ensure they can prepare for this also, as you may only get 1 weeks notice.
- As cases are predicted to increase, ensure that your COVID control measures are maintained and enhanced through the Autumn and Winter. Don’t simply revert to “pre-pandemic normal working”.
- Continue to request staff to take a lateral flow test twice a week as a minimum. NOTE: Free test kits at a “later stage” will no longer be free and Employers will be expected to purchase kits to facilitate staff testing.
- Re brief staff and ensure that all staff are aware of any policies you have for, Vaccine, Testing, Self Isolation and Covid controls, Revised working practices, particularly New starters, so ensure induction programmes include all these topics.
- Consider additional work activity adjustments over the Autumn and Winter periods to further reduce or control the risks of Covid 19 in the workplace. The potential to lose staff due to self isolation requirements will increase throughout this period.
- Review and update all Risk Assessments. Include ventilation in your RA, if you have not already, as this is an area that you need to consider as poor ventilation increases the chances of an outbreak.
- Ventilation: Hands: Face: Space: Cleaning: these are still the areas of basic covid control that all businesses need to consider and continue to action. Hands still need to be sanitised frequently. It is still advisable to wear face coverings in enclosed spaces and poorly ventilated areas, people should still maintain some level of social distancing and above all enhanced levels of cleaning must remain in place, ensuring antibacterial wipe downs still happen frequently.
COVID-19: ventilation of indoor spaces to stop the spread of coronavirus
Follow the link below for guidance on Ventilation in the workplace and non-domestic settings. Read more here.
Should you need any additional support please call us either for H&S, HR or both, our team will be in contact as normal and will be available 24×7.
There are more challenges ahead but you are not alone with Park City supporting you and we are stronger together.