The Government has released its latest statement on enhanced covid controls due to new Omicron variant. Please follow this link, to read the official Government statement on the updated rules Click here
Guidance is yet to be fully updated however, mask wearing changes have been confirmed and please read below to fully appreciate how this may effect your business.
Whilst in the media it was reported that it will affect retail and public transport the list included in mandatory mask wearing for both staff and members of the public is actually wider than just these two categories. The initial full list has been published in the face covering section of the Gov.uk website which is included below:
Rules on face coverings are being updated in England:
The public and staff in public-facing areas will be required to wear face coverings in these settings from 4am on 30 November 2021:
- shops and supermarkets (places that offer goods or services for retail sale or hire)
- shopping centres (malls and indoor markets)
- auction houses
- post offices, banks, building societies, credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs and money service businesses
- estate and letting agents
- premises providing personal care and beauty treatments (barbers, hair salons, tattoo and piercing studios, nail salons and massage centres)
- premises providing veterinary services
- retail galleries
- retail travel agents
- takeaways without space for consumption of food or drink on premises
- public transport (aeroplanes, trains, trams, buses, coaches and ferries), taxis and private hire vehicles
- transport hubs (airports, rail and tram stations and terminals, maritime ports and terminals, bus and coach stations and terminals)
- any car or small van during a professionally delivered driving lesson and practical driving test
- during all HGV lessons and tests, during all professional driving lessons and formal driving tests, and during any practical test for giving driving instruction
Updated guidance will be published soon.
The mandatory requirement is already now in force, so please take action if your business is included above, Clients of Park City will benefit from the support of our H&S and HR team, the detail of the full updated guidance currently has not been issued, once this has been clarified and released by Government, we will update all our clients and followers.